CS:GO Rules & Regulations
1.1. Everybody who is authorized by Cove Esport to administrate the competition based on its rules and regulations will be called an “admin” or “referee” in the following, the collective of all admins will be called the “administration”. A list of the current referees can be found on the infiniteseries.my Staff Page and – if existing – on the official online platforms of the competition.
1.2. Any news article posted on infiniteseries.my and/or the official competition online platform serves as an official announcement for the competition.
1.3. Official announcements as well as statements of referees at any place (e.g. competition website, support ticket reply, Skype, Discord, Steam) can ignore or overrule the following rules in order to make the competition as fair as possible. In case of contradicting declarations, the most recent announcement or admin statement counts.
- Teams & Players
2.1. Team Size
A Team has to consist of at least five participants for the National Qualifiers. Those persons will be called “team members” or “members” of the team in the following.
Note: The administration will implement the mandatory registered line-up of 6 members per team with an optional 7th member during the National League onwards. Unexpected issues for one single player is not a valid reason to postpone matches.
2.2. Line-up Info
2.2.1. All teams have to provide the administration the following information upon request:
- – Full names of all members
- – A valid student ID
- – Nationality of all members with ID proof
- – College/University student GPA report
- – Steam accounts of all members
- – Primary nicknames of all members
- – Identity of the captain and optionally of the manager
- – Discord account of the captain and/or manager
2.3. This tournament is open to LOCALLY CERTIFIED COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY STUDENTS ONLY
2.4. 3 players or more MUST be from MALAYSIA to qualify as representatives of the team and they must be playing at all times of the match
2.5. Line-up Changes
2.5.1. Once a team has submitted their registration and it is accepted by the organizer, the roster will be LOCKED AND CAN NOT BE ALTERED. Unless due to unforeseen conditions and emergency, the request to add or the removal of a player, the captain or manager of the team has to contact an admin about it.
2.5.2. A new member can only be added before the competition/match. No change of player during a match. If he/she has played a game for another team inside the competition, they can’t be added to another team. To request an addition, the captain or manager of the team has to provide the administration all additional information to comply with rule 2.5
2.5.3. If any data about the team needs to be changed, the captain or manager of the team can request this towards an admin at any time. If any data of a specific team member needs to be changed, the participant or his captain or manager can request this towards an admin at any time.
2.5.4. If another team member than before should be declared captain or manager of a team, this has to be confirmed by either the current (old) captain/manager or at least four other members of the team.
2.6. Stand-ins or Substitutes
2.6.1. Stand-ins are persons (6th / 7th member) used by a team as a player during a match.
2.6.2. A stand-in may not be member of another registered team
2.6.3. The maximum of stand-ins used by a team within one game is 2
2.6.4. Further limitations to the usage of stand-ins may be declared in the individual rules of the competition
2.7. Participants & Teams
Every real COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY person – unless officially banned – with a valid Steam account is allowed to participate in the competition and will be called “participant” in the following. Participants joining a team in order to fulfill the minimum required amount of team members will be called a “team” in the following.
- 8.1. By attending the competition participants acknowledge without limitation to comply with the rules and regulations, official announcement, and with the statements and decisions made by the referees.
- 8.2. Every participant acknowledges the right for the administration to modify the rules and regulations for adjustments at any time without notice.
- 8.3. Every participant has to show the needed respect towards referees and other participants. Insults and unfair or disrespectful behaviour towards anyone are not tolerated and will be punished.
- 8.4. Every participant must always have the newest version of Steam and CSGO installed and has to check for updates in time before each match. Unless a new version comes out right before the match, patching is not a valid reason to delay it.
- 8.5. Every team accepts the official schedule of the competition and declares its ability to be available during these times.
- 8.6. Every team and participant has to try to win every game at every stage of the competition. Purposefully losing for any reason is strictly forbidden.
- Schedule & Punctuality
3.1. Game times
3.1.1. The official schedule of the competition will be announced on the competition’s website – infiniteseries.my. The teams will also be informed about it via Discord.. This schedule includes the time of each match which represents the start time of game 1 of the match.
3.1.2. If a delayed end of a previous match prohibits a match to start on schedule (due to either one of the involved teams still playing or the official broadcaster still streaming the previous match within the same tournament), the match time is changed to 5 minutes after the end of the previous match.
3.1.3. In a match consisting of more than one game, the official start time of each following game is set to 5 minutes after the end of the previous game.
The change of a match time is only possible under exceptional circumstances and has to be confirmed by the administration.
We expect every player to be at the as stated in the tournament directions info mails to setup, prepare and solve any technical problems that might occur. If you notice at any point you will be late on one of the days, please inform a tournament official as soon as possible! Any delays caused by showing up late may lead to penalty points which means a prize money deduction for you / your team or a disqualified.
- Hosting & Settings
4.1. Lobby Hosting
4.1.1. Every game gets hosted by a referee. The teams receive the password from him about 15 minutes before the match time in Discord. At least one member of each team has to be present at that time to communicate with the opponents and administration.
4.1.2. Participants are not allowed to pass the password on to anyone but the other members of his team and the stand-in(s) for the match.
Only referees, official broadcasters, Cove Esport staff members, anyone authorized by a referee, and the ten players are allowed to be inside the game. Team managers may join the lobby, but have to leave before the game starts. Everyone else has no permission to enter.
4.3. Server Location
The server location is chosen by a referee based on the server policy of the competition. The server policy is specified in the competition’s individual rules.
4.4. Map Pool
The map pool includes the following maps: -Nuke -Train -Inferno -Mirage -Cache -Overpass -Cobblestone
4.5. Map Choice Qualifiers / Main Event
4.5.1. Best-of-One Matches
In case of Best-of-One matches, both teams remove maps alternatively until one map is left which will be played. The team with the lower seeding/winning of the coin toss has to start to remove the first map. A “knife round” will be played to decide starting sides.
4.5.2. Best-of-Three Matches
In case of Best-of-Three matches, both teams remove one map alternatively, after that each team will pick one map. The team with the lower seeding/winning of the coin toss has to start to remove the first map. To decide the last maps both teams once again remove one map alternatively, the last map will be used as third map if needed. A “knife round” will be played to decide starting sides on all maps.
4.6. Game Mode
4.6.1. 30 Rounds (Fifteen as each side between Terrorists & Counter-Terrorists). Each Round duration will be 1:45mins.
4.6.2. Victory Condition: The first team to win 16 rounds wins the map and the round is over immediately
4.6.3. Tied Match: In case of a draw after all 30 rounds have been played, an overtime will be played with “mp_maxrounds 6” and “mp_startmoney 16000”. For the start of the overtime teams will stay on the side which they played the previous half on, during half-time sites will be swapped. Teams will continue to play overtimes until a winner has been found.
4.7. Disconnections and Pause
4.7.1. If for some reason a member disconnects, their team will be allowed to pause.
4.7.2. The game must not be paused for any reason other than a tactical pause, disconnect or game lag, unless an admin is informed of the reason and allows it.
4.7.3. The game must not be “un-paused” without the consent of both teams.
4.8. Server Crash
In the case of a server crash and is unrecoverable, the game is restarted
4.9. Tools or Hacks
Using the 3rd parties’ software will immediately get disqualified such as: -Aimlock -Wallhack -Recoil Control (mouze) OR ANY OTHER RELATED SOFTWARES
- Rule Violation & Punishment
5.1. Rules Breaking
Breaking of the rules or ignoring the order of an admin may result in a punishment for a whole team or a specific player. Type and amount is chosen by a referee.
5.2. Possible Team Punishments
-Default Loss for one game -Default Loss for the whole match -Time Penalty for the next draft -Score Reduction (during a group stage) -Prize Money Reduction -Temporary or permanent ban from the competition -Ban from other Fallout Gaming competitions
5.3. Possible Player Punishments
-Temporary ban from the competition -Permanent ban from the competition -Ban from other Cove Esport competitions
5.4. Rule violations in other tournaments
Heavy rule violations on external CSGO leagues or tournaments may also result in punishments for Cove Esport competitions.
- Tournament Format
- The Infinite Series is broken down into 3 phases that will run for 6 months. Academic requirements will be given 1st priority, above all.
- 3 phases: National Qualifiers, National League and National Championship.
Phase 1: Infinite National Qualifiers
– It’s free and open ONLY to all students of all Colleges and Universities.
– ALL members from participating teams are required to be from the same College/University.
– Each team is allowed a maximum of 2 tries to qualify for the National League.
– Each qualifier for Each game is limited to 32 teams.
– Each team is allowed a maximum of 2 tries to qualify for the National League.
– Double Elimination Bracket – top 4 from the upper and lower bracket section will proceed to the Infinite National League
– Location : Online Qualifiers
Phase 2: Infinite National League
– Top 32 teams from the Infinite National Qualifiers will go head to head on LAN..
– There will be 8 groups; 4 teams per group
– Seedings for upper and lower bracket will be determined by points and/or round-score difference.
– Location : Cove Esport Hub, Bandar Sunway.
Phase 3: Infinite National Championship
– Top 8 will battle it out for the grand prize across two days.
– Minimum GPA requirement of 2.5
– Total Infinite Series tournament prize pool of up to RM100,000
– Knockout rounds: Best of One (Double Elimination Bracket)
– Grand Finals: Best of Three (Upper Bracket winner coming into the series finals with an 1-0 advantage)
– Location : To Be Announced.
- National League Teams
Upon qualifying to the National League, team captains are required to compile all their team players’ details and documents to submit to the official admin.
- Prize Distribution
The prizes will only be transferred, via bank transfer + courier services, to the team captain. Therefore all team captains must provide Cove Esport Sdn Bhd valid bank account details. The team leader has to make sure every member of his team will get his adequate percentage of the prizes. Under certain circumstances a transfer via Western Union / check is also possible but needs the approval of a Tournament Supervisor. Prize distribution time line is listed below:
- 1 month after each National Qualifier
- 1 month after completion of National League
- 1 month after completion of National Championship
- Legal Process
9.1. Legal proceedings are not permitted.
9.2. Marshall and admin decisions are final
9.3. By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, Cove Esports Sdn Bhd reserves all rights of using teams’ or players’ image/video for promotional purposes.
9.4. Any form of negative publicity/comments made in any form of media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, to name a few, will be subjected to immediate disqualification from the tournament.
- Marshall and Admin decision are FINAL